The Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park, located at the southern end of historic Lake George, is an ideal location for your next event. With panoramic views of “The Queen of American Lakes,” event-goers can also take advantage of all that Lake George has to offer in terms of activities and sight-seeing, all within a very short walk from the grounds. The beauty and proximity of The Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park in Lake George offers something unique for each season and every occasion.
Warren County and the Village of Lake George, New York elected to designate 2.5 acres of the West Brook Conservation Initiative Project to a “Festival Space,” which would service as an economic engine for the park, as well as the Region. This centrally located space within the park has been designed to be flexible to host a variety of fee and non-fee based events. Whether it be large or small, this multi-purpose, modern event facility in Lake George, NY can host a multitude of functions, including: Theatre, Dance, Live Music, Re-enactments, Craft Fairs, Flea Markets, and Farmers Markets; Car Shows, Boat Shows, Motorcycle Shows, Holiday Festivals, Fundraisers, Corporate Functions, Press Events, and much more!
at Festival Commons
Event Services Include:
- Event Registration Support
- Contacts & Referrals
- Marketing Promotions Assistance
- Hotel/Housing Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- On-Site Staff Support & Property Management
- Professional Catering Services
at Festival Commons
Venue Features Include:
- 2.5 Acres
- Four Season Accessibility
- Portable Staging Area
- Handicap Accessibility
- High Speed Wi-Fi Internet Access
- High Capacity Electrical Services
- Adjacent Environmental Park
- Skate Park & Playground
- Vast Local Attractions & Activities for Acts and Guests
Event Manager and vendors are responsible for all permitting and associated fees, to ensure full compliance to use Charles R. Wood Festival Space, and must comply with all permit conditions.
Insurance Requirements & Permits Required for On Premises
- Event manager is responsible for securing insurance for the entire event and is responsible for ensuring that all vendors, subcontractors, agents, performer and contractors provide proof of the pre-requisite insurance as well.
- The limits of liability for use of the property for permitted activities shall not be less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate combined single limits for all damages arising out of bodily injury, including death/property damage.
- Warren County and the Village of Lake George will each be named as additional insured, on a primary basis. The following verbiage will be used on the certificate of insurance: Warren County and the Village of Lake George, their Boards, Officers and Employees are named as additional insureds on a primary, noncontributing basis.
- All insurance companies must be licensed or admitted carriers in New York State.
- Vendors must provide liability insurance proof to the Event Manager & it must be kept on file. Vendors must also list Warren County and the Village of Lake George as additional insured.
- Please refer to Application/Use Permit to Use Charles R. Wood Park Festival Space, Section 1 for insurance requirements.
Permits Required to Serve Liquor/beer/wine on Premises:
- Event manager must receive permission from Village of Lake George to sell/serve liquor on Charles R. Wood Festival Space grounds.
- https://www.sla.ny.gov/online-permit-applications – Must apply for a SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT (application is in the link above)
- Event manager must provide a copy of current liquor license and insurance certificate of insurance, specifically including coverage for liquor law liability in an amount of not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000), as well as a copy of the State Liquor Authority Permit.
- Vendors subcontracted by the event manager, must provide proof of NYS liquor license and liability insurance, in the amount listed above.
Permit to Serve Food on Premises
- Event manager is responsible for ensuring vendors obtain permit from Department of Health to prepare/serve food at the event.
Permit to use West Brook Parking Lot
- The adjacent parking lot is available through a separate permit & fee. Please contact Jeff Tennyson at 518-668-4141 email@example.com for more information.
Event Manager is responsible for ensuring that ALL PERMITS are provided and should be kept on file.
to Festival Commons
Lake George is 4 hours north of New York City, 3 hours south of Montreal and 4 hours northeast of Syracuse. The Lake George region and The Festival Space can be accessed via exits 20 through 25 from interstate 87 (the Northway).
Albany International Airport is approximately 50 miles south of Lake George. Major car rentals are available. Smaller private craft can also arrive and depart from the Floyd Bennet Regional Airport in Queensbury, NY, just 10 miles southeast of Lake George.
AMTRAK services New York City to Montreal with daily stops at Ft. Edward, 15 minutes from Lake George Village. Major car rentals, taxi and Glens Falls Transit System Buses are available.
Adirondack Trailways buses maintain an excellent schedule to the Lake George Region.